Student Learning Objectives (SLO) Bulk Assign Features
The features of the SLO Assign App within RightPath, including: creating teachers' SLOs from templates, rostering and auto-rostering SLOs, attaching assessment data, and bulk updating SLO statuses.
The SLO Assign App has been migrated from an external located feature directly into the RightPath™ system. The basic functionality of the old App is currently accessible in the APPR section of the system with future additions already in the works.
The SLO Bulk Assign Page Features
The RightPath™ SLO Bulk Assign page offers administrators the ability to streamline the SLO process by managing extensive sets of data within one application utilizing SLO templates in order to facilitate mass SLO creation, roster association, assessment linking, and status change.
SLO Template Search
The SLO Template Search page allows you to filter through all of the current SLO Templates that have been created in your district. The main Search page will display all available templates as the default, but you can narrow the results by adding a search word from the desired template’s title.
Once you have located the template in the list, you are able to view the Template ID, Template Name, associated SLO Type, the number of SLOs linked to the template, and any attached SLO Formulas all in the search grid. You have the option to update Pre- or Post- SLO Exam attachments (Load Exam Scores button)1, or to open the Assign & Edit SLOs page where teacher SLO assignments can be created and managed (Assign & Edit SLOs button)2.
1. As long as a SLO Exam is already created in the Exam Catalog (SLO Exam Management page), the exam can be added to a template so that all subsequently uploaded student scores will be automatically pushed to the students on any associated SLO. A. Updated student score data can be applied to SLOs by finding the SLO Exam in the “Load Exams” search grid, selecting the exam in the list, selecting the “Overwrite all results” or “Apply where no result exists” option, and clicking the Load Scores button.
2. Teachers in need of a SLO Goal Form based on the SLO template can be assigned using the Assign & Edit SLOs button from the SLO Template Search page. From the Teacher Search page, the users may be checked off and assigned an SLO version of the SLO template by clicking Assign Selected Teachers.
Creating and Auto-Rostering the SLO
If you will be creating multiple SLOs for a group of Required Teachers based on a particular discipline, like all “Algebra I R” teachers, then the ‘Find by Course Code:’ search option can be used in order to create the SLO and apply student rosters to the SLO within one step. Otherwise, the SLO rosters must be created individually one SLO at a time.
1. Search for the class using the associated course ID number and the results table will populate with all of the teachers assigned to that course ID number.
2. Select all the teachers who will need a SLO created using the checkboxes in the leftmost column, and click Auto Roster SLOs. A verification page will load with a list of the teachers’ new SLO ID numbers. By clicking Auto Roster for Selected Course Code you will confirm that the course’s students be applied to each associated SLO.
Creating and Editing Individual SLO Rosters
1. Select the check box next to the teacher’s SLO that you wish to add the students to. Click the Roster SLO button to launch the teacher’s course assignments to select students from.
2. The Classes page will display a grid of the teacher’s assigned courses: including the course name, code, section, period, and student count for each. Students can be added to the SLO by checking off the desired course in the list and clicking the Add Students From Classes button: this will move the students into the SLO Population table below. If a mistake is made, the students can be easily removed using the Delete All Students button above the SLO Population table.
Assigning Buildings to SLOs
SLO templates may be used to create a district-wide set of SLO forms for a particular course. Multiple teachers’ associated SLO buildings can be designated from the Assign & Edit SLOs page. Under the “Roster, Delete and Approve SLOs” table’s Actions menu there is an option to Set Building. SLOs will not appear in administrators’ lists of teachers’ SLOs available for review until they have had a building attached.
1. Administrators can select a full set of SLOs from the list by selecting their checkboxes in the leftmost column of the SLOs list. Once all teachers’ SLOs belonging to a particular building have been selected, choose the Set Building option from the Actions menu to launch the Set SLO Building pop-up window.
2. Choose from the list of district buildings available in the Building dropdown menu. Click the Set Building button to apply the building designation to all of the selected SLOs. These SLOs will now be visible to the administrators at this building. The green “Success” message will display across the top of the Assign & Edit SLOs page.
Template Level SLO Actions
The SLO Template Search page includes an Actions menu which allows administrators to manage all template-associated SLOs at one time. Optional menu functions include SLO status changes, SLO Formula attachment and application, and bulk application of Template changes.
1. The Bulk Move Selected menu option is used to move a group of SLOs from one status to another: SLOs can be moved through the approval process between “In-Progress,” “End of Year,” and “Complete” statuses. For example: once a reviewer has ensured that all SLOs attached to a specific template have been rostered, assigned baselines and targets, and EOY scores; then the SLOs can be marked “Complete” all at once using this function. SLOs can be returned from “End of Year,” or “Complete” using the Bulk Move function. As with the Bulk Move SLOs function at the individual SLO level, the Bulk Move SLOs page shows all SLOs to be moved from the “Selected SLOs” table. By clicking Bulk Move SLOs, the status change will be finalized and the Summary page will display updated SLO statuses.
2. The Update SLOs From Template menu option allows administrators to update all previously created SLOs with up-to-date template changes in SLO Title, Narrative Sections, or HEDI Table. The Update SLOs from Template pop-up window allows these criteria to be adjusted individually, or all at once: just select the corresponding checkbox or boxes and click Update to confirm the updates.
Select SLOs Status Changes
After the SLOs are created, rostered, and assigned exam scores they are ready to be moved into “End of Year” stage, or marked “Complete” and scored. The SLOs’ statuses can be updated using the Actions menu above the “SLOs” table on the Assign and Edit SLOs page.
1. SLOs are selected in the list using the checkboxes in the leftmost column. Clicking the checkbox in the column’s header row will select the entire list.
2. After choosing the Bulk Move option from the Actions menu, the Bulk Move SLOs page requires the SLO status change be confirmed: SLOs can be moved between “In-Progress,” “End of Year,” and “Complete” stages. “Complete” SLOs are scored upon confirmation. Click the Bulk Move SLOs button to confirm the status change. The SLO Status change completes with a Summary page that details the successful, or failed SLO moves.
Manually Scoring SLOs
1. Use the checkboxes in the leftmost column of the “Roster, Delete and Approve SLOs” Table to select all of the SLOs that will be sharing a manual score. Choose Set Final Score from the Actions menu to launch the Score SLOs pop-up window.
2. The Score SLOs pop-up has a numerical toggle that can be activated by clicking the “up” or “down” arrows within the “Score” textbox. You can also click within the textbox and type a whole numeric value between 0 and 20.
3. Clicking the Score button in this pop-up window will apply the designated score to all of the selected SLOs and change their status to “Complete.” The green “Success” message will display at the top of the Assign & Edit SLOs page.
SLO Teacher Search Page
You may navigate through the SLO Bulk Assign functions using the Teacher Search page initially, or you can switch to the Teacher Search page by clicking the ‘Search by Teacher’ link at the top of all the Assign Template pages. The Teacher Search page will display columns that detail the district teachers’ name, ID numbers, and associated SLO type counts. From this main grid, you can select to Assign SLO Templates to the teacher using the button in the far right column.
Searching for and assigning SLO Templates using the Teacher Search page follows the same basic process as beginning on the SLO Template Search page. The only real difference in choosing one starting point over the other would be the desired outcome of the task:
If you want to handle a number of teachers in need of the same SLO Template, then searching by SLO Template makes sense.
If you would like to set up a single teacher with SLO Goal Forms for various courses and SLO types, then searching by teacher is more direct.