In this user guide, you will learn about:
- Setting up your Lesson Elements
- From Lesson Plan Details
- From Planbook Settings
- Appending a Design from Another Template
1. You can rename elements from here using the icons next to the element name.
2. To customise
To Customize the elements sharing and
Step 1: Select the plan book from the drop down menu that you would like to edit the Elements drop down arrow. Then click on 'Planbook Settings' in the Planbook Navigation Bar and navigate to the 'Design' tab.
Step 2a: Adding a New Field to your Lesson Plan Design.
At the bottom of your existing template, you can add new fields.
To add a new field, enter a field name, select a type of field, and set your 'student sharing' options. When you are done, click the 'Add' button.
Types of Fields that can be Added
- Multi-Line Text - allows you to type in paragraphs of information
- Drop Down List- allows you to set specific choices in a list format (i.e. Bloom's levels)
- Number- allows you to insert numbers (i.e. point value; length of lesson, tier levels, block numbers)
- Date- allows you to pick a specific date from a calendar
- Radio Button List- allows you to set specific choices in a list format (i.e. Bloom's levels, Habits of Mind, Gardner's Multiple Intelligences)
Step 2b: Editing Existing field in your lesson plan design
To edit the field name and student sharing options of an element, click on the 'pencil' icon. To delete an element click on the 'delete' icon.
Note: If an element is deleted and there are lesson plans that contain content in that element field, you WILLlose this information. In this case, it is best to rename the element so you do not lose anything that was typed in this field.
To set student sharing for each element, use the drop down menu.
Student Sharing Options
- Not Shared will never share that element and will be not be visible to students. The icon is absent when the never option is selected indicating it has not been opted sharing.
- Share Immediately will always share that element and will be visible to students. This Icon is grayed out to show it is always shared.
- Share Manually gives you the option to share or not to share with a check box in calendar view. This Icon is able to be edited showing the choice to share.
- Shared on Date will look the same as 'Share manually' once the date of the lesson occurs. Until the date of the lesson the student sharing icon will be grayed out with no check in the box.
Appending a Design from another Planbook
If you have a design you would like to append from another planbook, scroll to the bottom of the screen and select the planbook in which you would like to append the design from. You can preview the design before you append by clicking on the 'View Design' link.
This should be done before lesson plans are typed into a planbook.