Using the Assignment Search
- Using the Lessons Menu, Select Assignment Search
- Select a class
- Click on include completed (and click search)
- Click on the lesson you would like to check.
- Lessons that need to be graded are found in the "Not Graded" section.
|Status: Not Graded
|Assignments that need teacher attention will appear here.
|Any assignments that have not been submitted by ALL students in the class(es) by the assignments due date or after will appear here.
|Active Assignment that is within the Start and Due Dates. These assignments are CURRENT and not due yet.
|Assignments that have been submitted and graded (auto-graded or teacher graded) will appear here.
Student Monitoring in Assignment Search
- Once you click the lesson from Assignment search, you will be taken into the assignment. Click on the "Student Work" Tab to check the student status.
- If the lesson is assigned to multiple classes, you will see all students by class listed.
- To view the student’s work, click the View Work icon. This will allow you to see the student’s answers to each question.
- Grade: to enter a grade for the lesson, click in the grade box and type the grade. Note: this box will only be available if the student has submitted the assignment, if not you’ll receive a message that requires you to enable grading.
- When you grade you can choose to release the grade, lock the assignment from student’s view, or release the answer key by checking the checkbox next to the appropriate action and clicking the update button.
- Once the lesson is reviewed and grade determined, find the Feedback section. This is where you can write feedback to the student. Simply write your message to the student in the box and click the Update button to send it. This will send the student an email to his account with the message you typed.
- Adding an Internal Comment: this feature is designed so that you can leave yourself or other teachers that may be grading work a mess without the student seeing it. In order to do this, type your message in the Internal Comment box and click update. This message will remain here for yourself and others to view.
- Uploading a feedback document: to upload a document, find the upload feedback section, browse your computer for the file you’d like to upload and attach it. Click update once you’re finished to send the document to the student email within their account.
- Actions Button: This new feature allows the user to lock, release grades, reassign, or unassign one or multiple lessons by checking the check box next to the lesson name(s) and choosing the action you’d like to occur.